This Privacy Statement explains the methods of collecting and processing of personal data, the methods of use and protection of personal data, and the rights related to personal data for POCKETALK CORPORATION (hereinafter referred to as the "Company" “we,” “our,” or “us”) in the European Economic Area in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (hereinafter referred to as "EU GDPR") and related laws and regulations.
Method of collecting personal data
We collect personal data from our products and from our websites for our products.
Personal data collected
We collect the following personal data:
- E-mail address
- Terminal identification number and communication identification number of the products
- Translation data, such as voice, documents, and images required for translation
- Location data
- Wi-Fi access point information or mobile communications base station information
- Images provided by users when registering to use our products or our website for our products
- Terminal usage time of products
Methods of use of personal data
Personal data will be used for the following purposes:
- To provide and improve products and related services.
- To prevent fraud and loss.
- For internal use such as in audits, data analysis, surveys, etc.
- To provide product support services.
- For product upgrades and notifications.
Processing, Preservation and Transfer of Personal Data
The personal data we collect may be stored, processed and transmitted in the countries in which we operate so that we may use the information in accordance with this Privacy Statement. To provide appropriate protection against the transfer of personal data, we have contractual arrangements with our subsidiaries, affiliates and business partners, as appropriate, with respect to the transfer. We have taken all reasonable technical and organizational measures to protect the personal data that we transfer.
Protection of personal data
We and our business partners take appropriate actions for personal data protection including technological, managerial, and physical security measures to protect personal date provided to us from loss, abuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, correction, and deletion. Examples are as follows:
- All personal data is stored electronically and securely.
- We ensure that we and our business partners take appropriate security protection measures to safely manage personal data.
- Technical and organizational measures are in place designed to ensure the continuing integrity, availability and flexibility of processing systems and services.
Sharing of personal data
- We share personal data with our subsidiaries and business partners who agree to protect personal data and to use it only for the purposes set forth in this Privacy Statement.
- We may disclose personal data in connection with law enforcement, fraud prevention, or other legal actions in accordance with the provisions of laws or regulations.
Shared use of personal data
We will share personal data only for the purposes of protecting personal data and those specified in this Privacy Statement within the following scope.
(1)Personal data that is used jointly
All customer personal data, unless otherwise specifically requested by the customer.
(2)Scope of joint users of personal data
(3)Purpose of joint use
Only for the purposes of protecting personal data and those specified in this Privacy Statement
(4)Name of the person responsible for managing the personal data to be used jointly
Shiodome City Center 33F, 1-5-2 Higashi Shinbashi, Minato-ku, Tokyo 105-7133, Japan
Legal grounds for the processing of personal data
Our legal grounds for the collection and use of your personal data mentioned in this Privacy Statement depend on the personal data concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. Generally, personal data will be collected and processed based on one or more of the following grounds:
- Where consent has been obtained: For example, obtaining consent to process personal data in the provision of our products and services, falls under this.
- As may be necessary to comply with contractual obligations: For example, using shipping information when products are purchased from us or providing technical support, falls under this.
- Otherwise when there is a need to comply with our legal obligations which obliges us to process personal data under laws.
Retention Period of Personal Data
We will store personal information during the service provision period of the relevant product. If you terminate the reason for the service of the product, you may request deletion of personal data along with deletion of the service account by contacting Inquiries Concerning Personal Data below.
Rights concerning personal data under the EU GDPR
Except as exempted under the data protection laws, the following personal data rights are guaranteed:
- Access right: Right to request copies of personal data in our possession.
- Right to correction: Right to request us to correct personal data if it is found that the personal data is incorrect or out of date.
- The right to be forgotten: Right to request deletion of personal data when it is no longer necessary to store personal data.
- Right to withdraw consent: Right to withdraw consent to processing at any time if the legal grounds for processing personal data is consent.
- Right to data portability: Right to require us to provide personal data and, where possible, to transmit such data directly to another data controller. Limited to cases where our processing is based on consent, is necessary for the performance of the contract, or we process the data automatically.
- Right to restrict data processing: Right to require that further processing be restricted, if there is a dispute regarding the accuracy or processing of personal data.
- Right to file a complaint with a supervisory authority: Right to file a complaint with a supervisory authority if our response does not resolve your complaint.
- Right to make an objection: Right to make an objection to processing of personal data.
- Rights not subject to decision-making based on the processing of automated personal data, including profiling: Rights not subject to decision-making that may be materially affected or legally effective by the automatic processing of personal data.
If you wish to exercise these rights, please contact us as follows:
Collection and Use of Children's Personal Information
If you are considered to be a child under the laws of your country (under 16 years of age in the EU), you should not submit personal data without the express consent and involvement of your legal representative or guardian.
Cookies and similar technologies
Our website can use our and third-party cookies to assist you in signing in to our services and in personal optimization of your online experience. These technologies and collected information may be used to track activities across multiple devices. If necessary, we may save time by using cookies to store selected and other information on a computer and eliminate the need to repeatedly enter the same information. A cookie is a portion of the text that is placed on your computer's hard drive. Depending on the selected setting, the browser will add the text to the device as a small file. Many browsers are set to accept cookies by default. You can accept or reject the saving of cookies. The help feature of a web browser usually indicates how the browser will not accept new cookies, how the browser will notify you when new cookies are received, and how to disable the cookies.
Cookies make use of some of the basic functions of our website. Note that if you reject a cookie, you will not be able to use the service that depends on the cookie.
Links to third-party websites and services
Please be aware that our website provides links to other websites, which may be used to collect personal data. Information on third-party websites that are linked to our websites is not covered by this Privacy Statement.
We will endeavor to respond to legitimate inquiries within one month. It may take more than a month if the request is particularly complicated or if a large number of requests are made. In this case, we will report the review status.
Terms applicable to individual products
The following products and services use Google Analytics, a service of Google Inc., to understand the usage status of your products.
product: POCKETALK Center, POCKETALK PAIR, POCKETALK APP, AI translater POCKETALK
POCKETALK Center: You can stop the collection of your information by Google Analytics by disabling Google Analytics in your browser's add-on settings. You can disable Google Analytics by downloading and installing the "Google Analytics opt-out add-on" on the Google opt-out add-on download pageand changing the browser add-on settings. If you disable Google Analytics, Google Analytics will be disabled on websites other than this site that you visit, but you can re-enable Google Analytics by resetting your browser add-on. It is also possible to do.
Terms of service of Google Analytics:
Google Analytics Opt-out add-on:
Changes to the privacy statement
We may revise the content of this Privacy Statement. In the event of a revision, the update date at the top of this page will be updated. In addition, if there is a material change in the content, notification will be made on this website
Inquiries Concerning Personal Data
Inquiries concerning personal data are received as follows:
10:00～18:00 (excl. weekends, public holidays, and end-of-year holidays)
Shiodome City Center 33F,
1-5-2, Higashi Shimbashi, Minato-ku Tokyo
Effective date: February 1st, 2022
Revision date: November 16th, 2022