POCKETALK may keep personal information such as address, name, telephone number, e-mail address, credit card number, etc. from customers, shareholders, job applicants and other people related to the Company (hereinafter collectively referred to as "Customers."). POCKETALK recognizes that the personal information of Customers is important and pays close attention to its handling.
1. Personal information we collect
POCKETALK may store personal information such as Customers' addresses, names, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses, and credit card numbers from registration forms and order forms for the following purposes. The provision of personal information is voluntary and not obligatory to Customers. However, if information necessary for business was not provided, we may not be able to provide various services as Customers wish.
2. Purpose of use of personal information
We will use your personal information to the extent necessary to achieve the following purposes of use.
1) Customers’ personal information
- Sending, billing and settlement of purchased products and services. (including provision to payment institutions)
- To provide information on POCKETALK's services, supports, campaigns, operations, managements, etc.
- For analysis, surveys and questionnaires for the purpose of developing products or services
- For providing information on services and products handled by POCKETALK and its business partners, various events, campaigns, operation and management, implementation of questionnaires and development of new services and products, etc.
- For business management and internal management of POCKETALK
- To respond to inquiries, requests, etc.
- To respond to acts that violate the provisions related to products, services, etc.
- For troubleshooting and the customer behavior measurement and analysis on POCKETALK sites
- To check whether the customer is using social network services operated by third parties other than POCKETALK
- To provide customers with the best information, notify and contact you through emails, direct mail, applications installed by customers and social network services operated by third parties (including measurement and analysis of behavior of customers as a result of these)
- To analyze information such as customers’ website browsing history and purchase history and to advertise POCKETALK according to customers’ hobbies and preferences and new products and services of business partners
2) Personal information of shareholders
- To exercise rights and fulfill obligations under the Companies Act
- To provide various conveniences from POCKETALK to shareholders' status
- To implement various measures to facilitate the relationship between shareholders and POCKETALK
- To manage shareholders, such as by creating shareholder data based on prescribed standards based on various laws and regulations
3) Personal information of job applicants
- To provide information on POCKETALK recruitment activities (seminars, events, company briefings, website information, etc.) and to accept applications
- For POCKETALK to conduct recruitment selection
- For administrative processing such as contact regarding recruitment selection
- To provide guidance on medical examinations, employment procedures, etc. at the time of employment
- For employment management after employment
- For research and analysis aimed at promoting and improving the efficiency of future recruitment selection
- For other work related to and accompanying recruitment selection, etc.
3. Provision of personal information to third parties
POCKETALK will not provide personal information to third parties except in the following cases. Please note that provision of personal information to a subcontractor within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of use will not be deemed as disclosure or provision to a third party.
- When consent from Customers has been given in advance
- When we are required to provide it in accordance with laws and regulations
- When it is necessary to protect human life, body or property, but it is difficult to obtain the consent of Customers
- When it is particularly necessary to improve public health or promote the sound development of children, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of Customers.
- When it is necessary to cooperate with the government or local governments in carrying out the affairs prescribed by laws and regulations, and there is a risk that obtaining the consent of Customers will interfere with the execution of the affairs
- To share information with the company that makes the payment for when making online payments such as credit cards
- When providing it for joint users listed within the scope of the following section 4
4. Joint use of personal information
POCKETALK will jointly use the personal data of Customers within the following scope in order to achieve the purpose of use described in the section 2 above.
1) Items of personal data used jointly
All personal data of Customers unless there is a particular request from the Customers.
2) Scope of persons jointly using
3) Purpose of use of joint users
Same as the section 2 above.
4) Name of the person responsible for managing the personal data to be used jointly
Shiodome City Center 33F, 1-5-2 Higashi Shinbashi, Minato-ku, Tokyo 105-7133, Japan
5. Acquisition, use, and provision of information associated with identifiers such as cookies
1) About identifiers such as cookies
Identifiers such as cookies are a mechanism that sends and stores certain data files from a web server to a computer (or devices that can be connected to the Internet such as smartphones and tablets) when Customers access specific websites. When the Customers access the same websites again, this technology allows the web server to identify the previous usage status of the devices. Specifically, information such as the history of browsing of the websites (action history on the websites) by Customers is stored.
3) Use of Google Analytics
4) How cookies are managed / deleted
Cookies can be disabled by changing the settings of the browsers of the computers, tablets or smartphones that Customers are using. Customers can also delete stored cookies. Customers can use the POCKETALK website even if cookies are disabled, but some functions may not be available. For information on how to change your browser settings, please refer to the website provided by each browser.
6. Pseudonym processing information
POCKETALK creates pseudonym processing information so that Customers cannot be identified unless it is collated with other information and analyzes and uses it for the purpose of developing new products and services of POCKETALK. POCKETALK will take measures for the safety management of pseudonym processed information in compliance with the provisions of the Aｃｔ on the Protection of Personal Information.
7. Matters related to safety management measures
POCKETALK will take necessary and appropriate safety management measures for the management of personal data, such as preventing leakage, loss or damage. In addition, we will exercise necessary and appropriate supervision over employees and contractors handling personal data (including subcontractors). The safety management measures for personal data are specifically stipulated in a separate internal rule. Its main contents are as follows.
(Formulation of personal information protection policy)
- In order to ensure the proper handling of personal data, we have formulated a personal information protection policy.
(Development of disciplines for handling of personal data)
- We have formulated internal rules for handling methods, persons in charge, personnel and their duties at each stage of acquisition, use, storage, provision, deletion, disposal, etc.
(Organizational Safety Management Measures)
- In addition to appointing a person responsible for the protection of personal information for the handling of personal data, we have clarified the scope of employees who handle personal data and personal data handled by such employees, and has established a system to report to the person responsible for personal information protection in the event that any fact or signs that violate the Personal Information Protection Act or the Personal Information Handling Regulations is detected.
- We regularly conduct self-inspections of the status of the handling of personal data. We also conduct audits by other departments and external parties.
(Human Safety Management Measures)
- We conduct regular training for employees on matters to be noted regarding the handling of personal data.
(Physical Safety Management Measures)
- In the area where personal data is handled, we manage the entry and exit of employees and restrict devices to be brought in, and implement measures to prevent unauthorized persons from viewing personal data.
- In addition to taking measures to prevent theft or loss of devices, electronic media, documents, etc. that handle personal data, we have taken measures to prevent the identification of personal data when carrying such devices, electronic media, etc. including when moving within the office.
(Technical Safety Management Measures)
- Access control is implemented to limit the scope of the person in charge and the personal information database handled.
- We have introduced a mechanism to protect information systems that handle personal data from unauthorized external access or software.
(Understanding the external environment)
- We have implemented the safety management measures with understanding of the system for the protection of personal information in the United States and the Republic of Singapore where personal information is stored (refer to Personal Information Protection Commission,"Investigation of systems, etc. on the protection of personal information in foreign countries" https://www.ppc.go.jp/personalinfo/legal/kaiseihogohou/#gaikoku). (In the United States and the Republic of Singapore, we have a system in place where the company we store personal information does not handle the information. In addition, we have established a system that can respond to requests for disclosure or suspension of use from customers.）
8. Requests from Customers for disclosure, etc. of personal information
Customers may request POCKETALK to disclose, correct, update, delete, use and suspend the disclosure of registered personal information. When Customers request disclosure of such retained personal information (including disclosure of records provided by third parties), we will respond without delay, except in the following cases. If we do not disclose it or if the retained personal information does not exist, we will respond as such.
- When there is a risk of harming the life, body, property or other rights and interests of the person or a third party
- When there is a risk of causing a significant hindrance to the proper implementation of POCKETALK's business
- In the event of a violation of laws and regulations, we will respond in accordance with laws and regulations after investigating requests for correction, update, deletion, use and suspension of disclosure of personal information. Please note that Customers may be asked to submit application forms designated by POCKETALK or documents confirming their identities depending on the details of the request.
For inquiries regarding the above, please contact the Personal Information Protection Complaints and Consultation Desk in section 10.
10. Inquiries about personal information
Personal Information Protection Complaints and Consultation Desk
Tel: 0120-060-009 10:00 - 18:00 (excluding Saturdays, Sundays, national holidays, year-end and New Year holidays)
Revised on March 31, 2022
POCKETALK Co., Ltd.
Address: 1-5-2 Higashi-Shinbashi, Minato-ku, Tokyo
Representative: Noriyuki Matsuda